Are you curious and eager to learn about the world of media? Looking for that summer internship to rival all others? If so, apply now for a brilliant six-week paid opportunity with this renowned media owner and have the chance to bring your own ideas to the table…
Guardian News and Media is excited to announce its partnership with Creative Access.
Creative Access fills a gap in the current creative landscape by helping young people from black, Asian and other non-white minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, as well as those with a lower socioeconomic status (SES), to secure both jobs and paid training opportunities in creative companies.
The Guardian is looking for passionate and dedicated interns to join their non-editorial departments for a 6-week paid summer internship, beginning late July 2019. The successful candidates will learn from some of the best in the business and have the chance to gain exposure in departments such as Advertising Sales, Digital Operations, Strategy, Publishing, Marketing and Events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a real insight into the media industry and develop your skills with one of the leading media organisations in the UK.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Exposure to working within a media organisation (Please note this internship does not offer exposure to the editorial department)
- Insight into working with accounts, suppliers and partners
- Participation in meetings and events internally
- Assisting in brainstorming, research and idea planning
- Assist with the day – day responsibilities of the relevant team
PROGRAMME DETAILSThe Guardian will be taking the following number of interns into these various departments:
- Advertising Sales: 2 interns
- Digital Operations and Strategy: 2 interns
- Events: 1 intern
- Marketing: 1 intern
- Publishing: 1 intern
- Assessment Dates for shortlisted candidates will be Friday 12th July and Friday 19th July
- Successful candidates will be notified W/C 22nd July
- Successful candidates will attend the Creative Access Induction Day on Thursday 25th July
- Successful candidates will carry out their internship from 29th July – 6th September (Working hours: 9:30-5:30)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A desire to build a career in the media industry
- Able to demonstrate their values – honesty, integrity, courage, fairness, and a sense of duty to the reader and the community
- A motivated self-starter
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to learn
Applications for our 2019 Summer Internship have now closed. Please visit this page in May 2020 to apply to our 2020 Summer Internship.