Staff Developer - Apps
Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and the Guardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
That is where you come in, we are now looking for a Staff Developer, Apps to join our growing team.
About the role
As a Staff Developer you will ensure we keep delivering at high pace in a sustainable way by:
- Identifying the right metrics for your products/projects and driving a strong focus on metrics driven development.
- Play a technical leadership role across the whole apps team.
- Helping the mobile teams to balance the needs of delivery with the requirement to ensure our mobile apps are stable, performant, sustainable and secure.
- As a Staff Developer you are an expert in iOS development.
- You have an interest in the broader mobile technology space beyond the platform that is your speciality.
- You can make intelligent choices regarding what technologies to use and when to use them.
You can see the full job description here
What we offer
- Flexible working (see below for details)
- Generous pension scheme; if you contribute 5% then the Guardian will contribute 8-12% (depending on your age)
- Mental and Physical Health insurance and dental scheme
- 26 days annual leave and the option to purchase an extra 5 days
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave at full pay
- Multi-faith prayer room
- Cycle to work scheme and subsidised gym membership
- Paid volunteering days
- Annual season ticket loan
More about flexible working
Due to the ongoing pandemic situation and until further notice, we are currently working remotely and attending the office on a voluntary basis. In September and November we were trialling a hybrid model with team days every week in the office. We will review what we learnt from the trial to evolve the model and provide more flexibility and predictability for individuals, and ensure inclusivity for everyone.
We strive for transparency in remuneration. The salary for this role is between £90k - £100k.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, different lived experiences and different perspectives. A diverse team means we can better reflect and engage our global audience. We believe in hiring the best people from the widest pool, and also in including them, fostering a culture where people’s voices can be heard and our employees look forward to coming to work.
To apply please upload your CV. You must already have the right to work in the UK.
Our interview process involves 2 stages: a face to face interview and a pairing test, we are currently running the interview process remotely.
Find out more about our hiring process here
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.