Associate Product Manager
Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and the Guardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
Our fast-growing Product and Engineering department builds award-winning digital products to support this mission. We are recruiting an Associate Product Manager to join our innovative product team.
As an Associate Product Manager you’ll be focused on growing your product skills and understanding of your team’s product domain. You will be based within the End to End Experiences group.
This group of teams looks to solve questions such as:
- How can we increase users’ trust, understanding and control over our data practices to increase value to the user and The Guardian?
- What’s the best way to form secure, direct relationships with users- rather than anonymous browsers- to increase engagement?
- How can we enable usable, ethical and reliable insights about our users through cutting-edge data processing?
- Can personalised user journeys add value to our experiences and optimise towards our key metrics?
Day to day you’ll be:
- Applying the right product methodologies to maximise impact from product development teams, ensuring clear direction and focus and the reliable delivery of projects and products.
- Developing and monitoring clear performance metrics, setting objectives and tracking progress against them in transparent, measurable ways.
- Ensuring that users’ data is handled in a way consistent with our policies, processes, and standards thereby ensuring that the Guardian meets regulatory requirements in respect to legal compliance and data privacy in the different territories in which we operate.
This is an entry level role so we do not require any direct product management experience. The successful candidate will have proven themselves to be:
- Highly collaborative, successful in building partnerships and uncovering the outcomes that stakeholders hope to achieve
- A strong people manager with outstanding communication skills
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Highly data literate, analytical and logical
- A problem solver and deeply empathetic and interested in users’ needs
- Inquisitive and knowledge-seeking
You can see the full job description here.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th November.
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available - ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to have inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.