Guardian News & Media (GNM) is the publisher of the US news website www.theguardian.com/us, the Guardian and Observer newspapers and www.theguardian.com website in the UK. We're a highly regarded global news brand, owned by the Scott Trust — an arrangement that guarantees its independent voice in perpetuity.
Headquartered in New York City, Guardian US, is an entirely digital operation that seeks to engage US readers by combining the Guardian's internationalist, online journalism with US voices and expertise.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, The Guardian is looking to hire an Account Manager to support the sales team and contribute firsthand to the success of our digital ad campaigns. This role covers all aspects of pre- and post-sale responsibilities and is an opportunity to be an invaluable contributor to the sales process both internally and externally. Location is flexible however the daily schedule must reflect West Coast hours.
Department: Commercial, Sales
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Normal location: Remote but ideally in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle or other West Coast cities. Open to other locations as long as applicant is comfortable working West Coast business hours.
Terms and conditions: Permanent, full-time
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Partner with Sales Directors and Marketing throughout the RFP process to develop innovative, insight-driven digital campaigns that support advertisers' KPIs
- Build, manage, and grow relationships with advertising partners by helping them achieve performance that exceeds expectations
- Manage all campaign deliverables during pre and post sales while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Maintain accurate details of campaign details within Salesforce
- Work in conjunction with ad operations to review campaign status and proactively address potential challenges
- Analyze campaign performance data and guide KPI-driven measurement strategies, identify performance trends, optimize campaigns to achieve results, and provide recommendations for upsell opportunities
- Serve as the product expert by educating advertisers on The Guardian's new and existing products, as well as advising on best practices and campaign optimizations
- Actualize campaign revenue at month end and provide Finance with final billing details
Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years' experience in client-facing digital/mobile planning, buying or selling
- Experience with online advertising platforms such as Salesforce and Google Ad Manager
- Experience with digital advertising and online publishers with multiple sales channels a plus
Skills & behaviors
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented; able to multi-task and work on multiple ongoing projects
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but must be a team player
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally)
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel & PowerPoint
- Passion and alignment for Guardian's vision and values
All candidates interested in applying should upload a resume and cover letter. All candidates must have the right to work and live in the United States.
Guardian News & Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin or citizenship.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It summarizes the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows, you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.