Product Manager- Data
Here at the Guardian, we believe the open exchange of information, ideas and opinions has the power to change the world for the better. Our independent journalism holds power to account across the globe and brings information that's suppressed into the public domain.
We are now looking for a Product Manager-Data to work with stakeholders to understand what they need from a data perspective and organise a team of Business Analysts and Data Developers in order to build fit-for-purpose data products.
About the role
- Work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and goals
- Help specify and deliver/build data products - new data warehouse assets, tooling for data scientists and analysts, dashboards/visualisations
- Ensure new data assets are built according to our data governance practices - ensuring we implement quality checks and documentation, define data assets’ ownership and take data privacy into consideration in early design
- Experience working with data platforms (data warehouse / data lake / analytics / reporting / visualisations)
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders, Analysts, Data Scientists and / or BI teams
- Proven experience of understanding stakeholder goals and turning them into successful products
You can see the full job description here
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available - ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.